Thanks to everyone who came to Troy and made our fall 2017 Conference such a success. Here are a few follow-up points for those who attended:
- An email went out on Thursday, September 21 that included an invitation to participate in the conference evaluation. If you did not receive that email and would like to do the assessment, please contact Rob Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, so your invitation can be re-sent.
- The transcript of the State Agency Panel discussion is still being typed up and will need to go to MDE and CEPI for them to double check their responses. Expect to see this transcript posted by 11/1 and an announcement in the next Newsblast!
- For 2018 and 2019, we are bringing back the Upper Peninsula Conference! These years, the UP sessions will be held at Mission Point Resort on Mackinaw Island on September 24 & 25, 2018 and September 23 and 24, 2019. If you can't make our Lower Peninsula dates (the 17th to 19th of September, 2018 and 16th to 18th of September, 2019), please consider joining us on the Island! We negotiated some great room rates, and are including the ferry and taxi service as part of the registration!
One of the things emphasized at the MPAAA Fall conference last month was that if you were having students take courses from the Michigan Virtual University (MVU) statewide catalog, you needed to use the MVU-provided Personnel Identification Code (PIC) for the Teacher of Record, and your local staff as the mentor.
To get the PIC code for the MVU staff teaching your students, you'll need to use your account in MVU's Customer Enrollment Management System (CEMS), or create one if you don't already have one:
- Go to https://cems.mivu.org, and either login or create an account.
- If you create an account, you will need to call the MVU customer support line (888) 889-2840 and have them associate the account you just set up with your buildings where students are taking MVU courses (Note that it's building level, not district-wide). If someone at your high school(s) already has a CEMS account, they can also associate your account with your school buildings for you.
- Once you have access to your building(s), go to the 'Enrollment' tab, and choose 'Mark as Section 21F' from the dropdown list, and you'll see the students that are already in any virtual courses from that building, and the teacher name and PIC is at the right.
If you already know the name of the MVU teacher, and just need the PIC, MVU has graciously agreed to publish a complete list of teacher names and PICs. You can go directly to that list by logging into the CEMS system and using the link on the Announcements page. However, keep in mind that this list does not have courses, just instructor names and PICs. Please join me in thanking Joe Freidhoff, MVU's Vice-President, for his quick assistance in making this list available.
We're currently in the process of updating audit forms for the 2017 Fall General Collection, based on changes to the Pupil Accounting Manual. We've also added:
- A sample Drop/Add form
- An Early Middle College FTE table
- New forms used in the Green Auditing Process
While we're working hard to get these forms updated as quickly as possible, please keep in mind that we can always use your help! If you see something on a form that seems out of date or needs to be corrected, please email Rob@mpaaa.org, and let us know. We'll try to get all the changes made as quickly as possible.
Last year, we had excellent success in compiling your collected salary information into our first Association-wide Salary Survey. Now that the fall is here again, it's time to add your voice to your colleagues and complete the 2018 Salary Survey.
Current MPAAA members can view last year's Survey results HERE. As you'll see as you go through the document, we need more responses, especially from ISD auditors, to make the survey as useful a tool as possible. No individual information is viewable, and privacy is fully respected in all the results.
To take the 2018 MPAAA Salary Survey, please click HERE. The survey will be open through December 31, and the results will be published in January of 2018. Please give serious thought to completing this survey, to make the resulting document as useful to all our members as possible.